Benefits of Octofrost IQF pasta processing equipment
Good separation and food safety are the top priorities for processors in the pasta and grains industries. OctoFrost equipment is trusted to successfully serve these priorities of the biggest producers in these markets.
Full control over the blanching temperature and time in the IF Blancher is important for avoiding overblanching of sensitive products like pasta and grains. Further on, with an efficient chilling below 5°C in the OctoFrost™ IF Chiller, good product separation is achieved in the OctoFrost IQF Freezer. Fully adjustable airflow in the OctoFrost™ IQF freezing tunnel and the gentle movement of the bedplates ensure no lumps of grains or damage of pasta products.
The rainshower and cross-flow systems, which are at the heart of the IF Blancher and Chiller, help achieve the quickest heat transfer while the recirculation system optimizes water consumption. The frequency converters installed on each OctoFrost fan in the IQF tunnel translates in significant energy savings. By decreasing the fans’ speed, overall energy savings can reach as high as 30% while preserving the product quality.
Quick and efficient blanching and chilling, together with the unique aerodynamics of the OctoFrost™ Freezer, result into less snow formation when compared to other technologies, which means minimum dehydration and higher yield for the processor.
All OctoFrost equipment has easy-to-clean design for ensuring food safety. Every part of the blancher and chiller that comes in contact with the blanching and chilling water can be cleaned by CIP (Cleaning-In-Place). The free-standing body, lack of joints and exchangeable bedplates of the OctoFrost™ Freezer contribute even further to food safety for IQF pasta and grains processors.
Technology for IQF gains and pasta
The OctoFrost IF Blancher has the unique benefit of precise time and temperature control for ensuring the best product quality. This innovative solution brings true value to pasta and grains processors:
- Weighing belt for an even infeed into the blancher.
- Flexibility of different temperature zones for avoiding over-blanching.
- Energy efficient steam injection for heating the blanching water.
- Cross-flow water circulation for smart water consumption.
The IF Chiller, built by OctoFrost, is based on impingement flash (IF) technology which achieves the quickest and most efficient heat transfer with its rainshower system. This innovative solution brings true value to pasta and grains processors, which allows them to produce high quality IQF products:
- Significantly faster heat transfer due to the impingement rainshower system.
- Quick chilling with high flow of recirculated ice-cold water that improves yield and product quality.
- System temperature below 6°C for greatest food safety.
- Low product temperature achieved for a premium IQF final product.
The IQF technology developed by Octofrost has a number of unique features that bring real value to pasta and grains processors all around the world:
- Adjustable airflow for quick crust-freezing in the first freezing zone, translating into no lump formation, good product separation and energy efficiency.
- Exchangeable OctoFrost bedplates for gentle handling of soft products and quick and easy cleaning between different product batches.
- Overall easy-to-clean design for optimal food safety.
These are a just a few of the key benefits OctoFrost customers enjoy from this unique IQF tunnel Freezer. Learn more by clicking on the video above.