When processing IQF fruits such as apple, apricot, peach, melon, etc. – OctoFrost offers highly efficient equipment, designed to achieve the best results even with the most challenging product characteristics such as high water and sugar content.
With an efficient chilling below 5°C in the OctoFrost™ IF Chiller or the OctoFrost Waterbath Chiller, a quick crust-freezing is achieved in the OctoFrost IQF freezer. Good separation is achieved even with high-brix fruits, resulting in a natural appearance of the final product and no lump formation.
The rainshower system of the IF Chiller achieves the quickest heat transfer while the recirculation system optimizes water consumption. The adjustable fans’ speed of the IQF freezer, translates in significant energy savings.
The quick and efficient chilling together with the unique aerodynamics of the OctoFrost™ freezer, result into less snow formation when compared to other IQF solutions, which means minimum dehydration and higher yield for the processor.
All OctoFrost equipment has easy-to-clean design for a reliable food safety. The free-standing body, lack of joints and exchangeable bedplates of the OctoFrost™ freezer contribute even further to a truly reliable food safety for IQF fruits processors.
The IF Chiller built by OctoFrost is based on impingement flash (IF) technology which achieves the quickest and most efficient heat transfer with its rainshower system. This innovative solution brings true value to fruit processors which allows them to produce high quality IQF products:
- Cross-flow water circulation for smart water consumption;
- Significantly faster heat transfer due to the impingement rain shower system;
- Quick chilling with the high flow of recirculated ice-cold water which improves yield and product quality;
- System temperature below 6°C for reliable food safety;
- Low product temperature achieved for a premium IQF final product;
The IQF technology developed by Octofrost has a number of unique features which bring real value to tropical fruits processors all around the world.
- Adjustable airflow for a quick crust-freezing in the first freezing zone which translates in no lump formation and good product separation;
- Exchangeable OctoFrost bedplates for gentle handling of soft products and quick and easy cleaning between different batches;
- Overall easy-to-clean design for a truly reliable food safety;
These are a just a few of the key benefits OctoFrost customers enjoy from this unique IQF tunnel freezer. Learn more by clicking on the video above.